This begins my fourth year as the proud principal of Flossmoor Hills School. I have dedicated my entire career to Flossmoor School District 161 serving as a speech-language pathologist for 24 years, a special education case manager for 5 years, and now as the principal of Flossmoor Hills.
I received my Bachelor's Degree from Northwestern University, a Master's from the University of Illinois, and a second Master's from Concordia University. My educational belief is that all children should reach their maximum potential as 21st Century Learners, and it is my job to ensure that this occurs.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, completing word games or puzzles, and baking.
Welcome to the 2016-2017 School Year!
Please contact me if you have concerns regarding your child's education.
- "Me Read: No Way: A Practical Guide to Improving Boys' Literacy Skills" - This is a research study which gives specific strategies on methods for improving literacy skills in boys. One of the strategies that it focuses on is using "talk" to get boys to discuss what they are reading which will impact expressive language, pragmatic language, and receptive language skills.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation's Family and Community Involvement - A resource that provides current information on child development and ways parents and community members can impact change in schools.
- Common Core Standards - This provides parents with information regarding the Common Core Standards for Math and English Language Arts for K-12.
- Compass Learning - This engaging online resource helps teachers understand students' abilities, motivations, interests, strengths, and learning styles, enabling them to effectively differentiate, personalize, and accelerate learning.
- Examples of Common Core Math Problems
- LearnZillion - This resource provides activities to prepare the students for the Common Core.